Monday, March 24, 2014

The Dream


“Indeed God speaks once, Or twice, yet no one notices it. “In a dream, a vision of the night, When sound sleep falls on men, While they slumber in their beds, Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction, That He may turn man aside from his conduct, And keep man from pride; He keeps back his soul from the pit, And his life from passing over into Sheol." - Job 33:15-18 NASB

I posted the dream below on a christian dream website a few weeks back but haven't had too many responses. I think I've had it at least partly figured out for awhile but wanted to get some unbiased opinions.

"In February of 2013 I had a very vivid dream. In the dream I was in a house and it was dark. In the house I was chasing a demon. The demon was blue and ogre like. He had a large quiver on his back. When I caught him we wrestled for some time. Finally I grabbed a small dagger that was in a sheath on his side. I plunged the dagger into the demons side and grabbed the quiver. The demon ran away. In the quiver were several large scrolls. One scroll was a brighter white than the rest. I pulled it out and unrolled the scroll. On it was a large crown and scepter. They were the brightest and most glorious things I have ever seen in dreaming or in waking life. They were so radiant with color and brightness, I can't really describe it and do it justice. After that I was outside the house on a cul de sac at the end of the driveway in the street. The sky was filled with gray clouds all around. I looked up and large bright blue halos of light were starting to shine through the clouds everywhere. I woke up."

I believe the dream is a message about my personnel need to conquer sin. I didn't know this before but after some research it appears the bible has many things to say about believers crowns. More to come on this later.

My  thoughts about the blue halo's of light coming out of the clouds are around the immediacy of the Lord's return.

“But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers ofthe heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other." - Mathew 24:29-31 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment