Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Bride


"Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready. It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Then he said to me, “Write, ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” And he said to me, “These are true words of God.” Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” -Rev. 19:7-10 NASB


My wife and I had been planning a trip to San Francisco for awhile. As we got closer to our departure date for the trip God began impressing upon me the need to watch out for a 444 message. I failed to watch out for the message and before I knew it we were on our last day there. Right before heading for the airport I had to take a detour in the city to look for an item that was lost. As I was headed back to our hotel I came upon it, Galary 444. As soon as I saw the sign on the building I knew that I had to go in.

After walking through the downstairs area of the gallary I took the stairs and lo and behold at the top of the stairs was the painting, "Here Comes the Bride" by Graciela Rodo Boulanger.


This painting is amazing in person. Look at the symbolism, a bride to be revealed surrounded by 7 trumpets. I don't know if the artist intended to put any symbolic meaning in this painting. I just know that at that moment God had given me a message as to what I need to be doing. GETTING READY FOR THE WEDDING!

"The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost." - Rev. 22:17 NASB




No comments:

Post a Comment