Monday, March 31, 2014

Dream of the Dragon

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." - 1 Peter 5:8 NASB



Last night I had a very vivid dream. I was on an airplane, well I was there but the person I was wasn't me. There was a man in the lavatory. The man transformed into a green dragon and began devouring people. The dragon managed to scratch my right hand but I was able to keep getting away from him. Somehow the plane had landed on top of a large shopping complex. The dragon continued to chase me along with several other people I was trying to get away with. No matter we went or hid the dragon was able to find us. This continued for sometime and every time he found us he would devour someone. At last there were three people left, myself, who I perceived as my half brother, I don't  have a half brother in real life, and a pregnant woman. My half brother and I were able to climb up some gigantic shelving in this messy room but the pregnant woman was not and she was devoured. My half brother and I spotted a window, and it was very narrow. We were able to get out and then we piled anything we could on window from the outside. Finally, we had found something even the dragon could not get through. We met with some people outside, someone I perceived as my half sister, in real life I don't have a half sister. Then I awoke in a sweat. The initial thought I had upon awaking, other than fear, was that the dragon was able to keep finding me due to the scratch it had left in my hand.

That was the second being chased by a dragon dream I had last night. I did not write the first one down and forgot it later in the day. 

At this point I'm somewhat at a loss on how to interpret the dream. I had a sin manifest the other day, it was will full and I waited until today to repent. As I mentioned in my last post, since starting this blog, which I felt a very immediate leading by the spirit to do, I've had some nightmares. It's possible that the dream is a continuation of this spiritual assault. If it's no that then it could be a sharp message of warning from God. The sense that I have is that now is not the time to be giving into temptation.

The mark on the right hand could be the spiritual mark of the beast, will full sin. Interestingly, I found that the word used in the bible for mark can also be interpreted to mean scratch.  

This fellow has some youtube videos talking about the mark of the beast being spiritual, sin.

"Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”" -Rev 14:9-11 NASB

I've repented and am putting on the spiritual armor of god. Which also happens to be the verses that inspired Lutheran Hymn #444 Rise! To Arms! With Prayer I Employ You!



"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints," - Ephesians 6:10 - 18


If anyone reading this has had a similar dream or ideas on what this dream could mean, please post in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment